Some users will wish to stop Windower from updating automatically, especially Gearswap users. If you would like to disable the automatic updates to Windower, please follow this guide to using Windows Firewall to block them.
For Advanced Users!
- Head to the Control Panel on your PC.
- Choose Network and Sharing Center (Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center for Windows 10 users.
- If you do not see this option, disable the "Category" view.
- On the bottom left side of the screen, click Windows Firewall.
- Click "Advanced" or "Advanced Settings".
- Click "Outbound Rules", then "New Rule".
- Select "Program", then Next.
- Click "Browse", then find your Windower.exe and click Next.
- Make sure "Block the Connection" is selected, and click Next.
- Make sure all 3 checkboxes are selected, then click Next.
- Give the new rule a name, such as "windowerupdateblock", so you can refer to it later if needed.
- Windower will no longer update automatically after this point. If you wish to update Windower, this rule will have to be disabled.