ONLY UPDATE THE SERVER WHEN A GM OR ADMIN TELLS YOU IT IS OKAY TO DO. YOU MAY LOSE THE ABILITY TO LOG IN IF YOU DO IT AT AN APPROPRIATE TIME.
Okay, now that that's out of the way, please follow this process when told to update:
Delete VTABLE.DAT (don't skip!)
This step assures the POL update will run successfully. Close FFXI completely before proceeding.
- Head to your FINAL FANTASY XI folder, wherever you installed it. Usually located at C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the folder and delete the file called VTABLE.DAT. Then, proceed to the next step.
PlayOnline Viewer Check Files
After deleting VTABLE.DAT:
- Open PlayOnline Viewer and click "Check Files" on the left side of the window.
- On the next screen, use the drop down menu to select "Final Fantasy XI".
- Make sure you don't leave it on PlayOnline Viewer, as it will be there by default. Ignore the version number in the following screenshot, yours will be different.
- Click Check Files.
- When it's done checking, it will say it found files to repair. Click the option to repair the files.
You're done! Log back in to Fenix.